The Website is edited by ORVEDA Limited, incorporated under the laws of England and Wales, with its registered office at 1-5 Wandsworth Road, 3rd Floor, London SW8 2LN, United Kingdom, [email protected], +44 (0) 207 582 33 77.
By accessing or using our website, or by providing your personal information to ORVEDA, you:
b) Consent and agree to such collecting and processing.
"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
"Personal Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personal Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Article 1 COLLECTED INFORMATION
1.1. ORVEDA may collect and process the following User’s data:
- Information collected at the moment of the creation of User’s account on the Website;
- The record of the correspondence exchanged with the User by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Details of transaction carried out by the User through the Website;
- Information communicated by the User while using social media function on the Website;
- Details of the User’s visits to the Website.
1.2. The information provided by the User include in particular, but without limitation: the User’s title, full name, phone, email address, billing and delivery addresses, geo-location, gender, birthday, photographs, personal images, product preferences, beauty profile information, social media account details, financial and credit card information, IP address, traffic data, location data, computer information and other communication data.
1.3. The provision of data may be a contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with ORVEDA. The data that must be provided are identified as such. Failure to provide such mandatory data may lead to the impossibility for ORVEDA to answer to the User's requests.
Article 2 USE OF USER’S PERSONAL DATA
2.1. ORVEDA may use the information provided by the User in the following ways:
- to create and manage the User’s online account, including access to his or her online and in-store purchase history;
- to process the User’s payment card and other transactions;
- to provide the User with the information, products and services requested from ORVEDA ;
- to send the User promotional materials or other communications in particular about other goods and services that are similar to those the User has already purchased or enquired about ;
- to respond to the User’s inquiries;
- to communicate with the User about, and administer his or her participation in special events, programs and others proposed by ORVEDA, its social network pages or mobile applications;
- to notify the User about changes to ORVEDA services;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to ORVEDA and to maintain business records.
2.2. ORVEDA may use the information collected about the User in the following ways:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for the User and for the User’s computer;
- as part of efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to deliver relevant advertising to the User and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to the User about goods or services that may interest the User.
2.3. The User may tick the relevant box situated on the form on which his or her data is collected if he or she does not want ORVEDA to use his or her data in the way mentioned above (see also Clause 5).
2.4. We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Settings page of your browser
Article 3 DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
3.1. ORVEDA may disclose the User’s personal information to any member of ORVEDA group. Please note that we have business in numerous locations worldwide, and by sharing your personal information within the Orveda Group, your personal information may be transferred to or accessible from other countries.
3.2. ORVEDA may share the User’s personal information with companies that perform services for ORVEDA, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
3.3. In the event ORVEDA sells or buys any business or assets it may disclose the User’s personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
3.4. ORVEDA may disclose or share with third parties the User’s personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Website.
3.6. ORVEDA may transfer the data collected from the User to service providers located all around the world, in particular service providers located in the country of delivery of the products.
Article 4 COOKIES
4.1. We gather information about our website through “cookies” and similar technologies.
4.3. ORVEDA uses the following types of Cookies on the Website:
- Necessary and functional Cookies: these Cookies are cookies required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable the User to log in to secure areas of the Website and remember items within the shopping basket as the User proceed through the checkout process. Functional Cookies can also be used to recognize the User when he or she returns to the Website.
- Analytical / performance cookies: these Cookies allow to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website. This helps to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.
4.4. The User blocks Cookies by activating the setting on the User’s browser that allows to refuse the setting of all or some Cookies. However, if the User blocks all Cookies (including essential Cookies) the User may not be able to access all or parts of the Website or use all of its functions.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites that are not under our direct control. These websites may have their own policies regarding privacy. We have no control of or responsibility for linked websites. You declare and understand that you access such links website at your own risk. Therefore, Orveda is not responsible or liable for, and does not endorse, the data privacy practices or the content of any opther linked sites.
Article 5 CUSTOMER’S RIGHTS AND CHOICES
5.1. Before collecting the User’s personal data, the User is informed by ORVEDA of this collection, as well as of the intended use of the concerned data. The User has the right to ask ORVEDA not to collect or process his or her personal data. The User can enforce the right to object at the time of data collection or at the later time by:
- checking certain boxes on the forms used by ORVEDA to collect the User’s data;
- by clicking the relevant « unsubscribe » link on marketing emails sent by ORVEDA;
- by contacting ORVEDA by email, by poste or by text message, using any of the following: ORVEDA Limited, 1-5 Wandsworth Road, 3rd Floor, London SW8 2LN, United Kingdom, company number 9209025, [email protected]
ORVEDA will apply the User’s preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing the User’s consent to the use or disclosure of the User’s personal information will mean that the User cannot take advantage of some of ORVEDA’s products or services.
5.2. The User using a mobile application may be asked for his or her geo-location. The User may choose not to share the geo-location details by adjusting the mobile device’s location services settings. To do so, the User has to decline from sharing the geo-location details, by following the instructions on the mobile device on changing the relevant settings.
5.3. The User has the right to access to and receive details about the User’s personal data held by ORVEDA. The User has also the right to update and correct inaccuracies in the User’s personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. ORVEDA may take reasonable steps to verify the User’s identity before granting access or making corrections.
5.4. When the processing is grounded by the consent of the User, the User may withdraw at any time such consent.
5.5. The User has the right to receive the personal data concerning him, which he has provided to ORVEDA in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
5.6. The User may give to ORVEDA directives concerning the retention, erasure and processing of the User’s personal data after the User’s death.
Subject To certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them certain specific information as :a)a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to 3 parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and b) the identity of those third parties.To do so, such residents may contact us to the contact mail as described above.
Our E mail Policy
Orveda complies with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission.
Article 6 TIME LIMITS FOR STORING THE USER’S PERSONAL DATA
6.1. The User’s personal data collected at the moment of the creation of the User’s account may be stored by ORVEDA during the period of three years following the data collection or the last purchase realized by the User via the Website or last contact initiated by the User with ORVEDA. At the end of the three years period, ORVEDA may ask the User whether he or she wishes to continue to receive the promotional offers from ORVEDA. In the absence of a positive and explicit answer, ORVEDA will proceed to the erasure of the User’s personal data or its archiving in accordance with local regulations.
6.2. The User’s data relating to Credit Cards and payments are erased once the payment is realized. This period may be postponed until the reception by the customer of the products purchased via the Website or the enforcement by the customer of the right to cancel the purchase realized via the Website (see Clause 7 of Terms and Conditions).
6.3. In the event the User enforces the Opt-out right (see Clause 5), the information enabling ORVEDA to enforce the Opt-out right are stored by ORVEDA during the period which shall not be shorter than three years following the enforcement of the Opt-out right by the User.
6.4. The Cookies used by ORVEDA (see Clause 5) are stored for a maximum period of thirteen months following their installation on the User’s computer.
Article 7 CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
7.1. Our website is not designed for use by anyone under 18 years old, though we realize we may have a child attempt to make purchase through our Website. If you are a child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our website.
7.2. Minors under the age of 18 can look at the Website but should not create an account on the Website, make a purchase via the Website, register, or submit personal information to ORVEDA.
7.3. ORVEDA does not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of eighteen on the Website.
7.4. If ORVEDA discovers that a child has created an account on our website, Orveda will delete the information from its records immediately and will not use the information for any purpose, and will not disclose the information to third parties. However, as a parent of such a child, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the child..
Article 8 SECURITY
8.1. The User must keep confidential the password chosen or given by ORVEDA when creating the account on the Website.
8.2. All information provided by the User is stored on ORVEDA’s secure servers. ORVEDA takes reasonable steps to encrypt any payment transactions passed through the Website. ORVEDA uses strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to the information provided by the User. However, ORVEDA cannot guarantee that the transmission of information to the Website is completely secure. The User acknowledges that any transmission is at his or her own risk.
Article 9 COMPLAINT
The User has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Article 11 CONTACT