What does Orveda mean?
“Or” means at the “Origin of” and “Veda” because it is inspired by the Ayurvedic philosophy and science that states that the skin has the power to heal by itself.
What does it do to my skin?
It will transform your skin in such a visible way that you will be able to skip foundation if you choose to… It will erase visible pores, uneven skin tones, darks spots, fine lines, lack of firmness, redness, yellow and dull patches, olive tones (in middle eastern skins), ashy tones in dark skins, and, more over, will bring back healthy glow to your skin.
How does it work?
It actually works on all skin levels:
On level 1: It strengthens skin barriers including strengthening the good bacteria that live on your skin (like the good ones in your gut). This is done thanks to our natural prebiotics and marine enzymes.
On level 2: It literally acts as “make-up from within”, thanks to bio-fermented Kombucha Black tea. Skin luminosity, skin tones and skin texture are all improved.
On level 3: It will correct all the flaws visible in your skin, including fine lines, dark spots, visible pores, excess shine, redness, dryness, rough skin, lack of contour definition and more…
What makes Orveda unique?
- Orveda's products are 15 times more concentrated compared to some other high-end products. They work with immediate effect.
- We offer a professional high-quality tool in every product.
- Our products have very clean formulations.
- Our scent (it is not a fragrance) is made of rare Galbanum and is 20 times more expensive than traditional skincare fragrances.
- All formulations are VEGAN which means that they do not contains animal extracts.
- Finally all Orveda packaging is made of Pure Glass that better protect our active formulations and we use less than 5% of plastic that is not easy to recycle.
What does it mean to be vegan in skincare?
Vegan means that the formulations have not been tested on animals and do not contain any animal extracts.
Are the products considered Halal?
While they have not been certified Halal, we could say they are since they do not contain alcohol and no animal extracts, including pork extracts.
What is inside?
Orveda contains a lot of actives. Our signature mix is made of:
- Natural Prebiotics that come from fermented potatoes and that, just like taking probiotics for your gut, feed the good bacteria on your skin.
- Bio-fermented marine enzymes, that come from deep inside the volcanic waters off the Californian coast, that, able to survive in such high temperatures, boost the self-healing power of the skin.
- Finally, bio-fermented Kombucha black tea, that acts like “make-up from within” and that comes from the fermentation of black tea. It is known in Asia, for centuries, as “the long life beverage”.
On top of these 3 signature ingredients, you will also find the best, state-of-the-art dermatological actives depending on each product.
Who has created this brand?
Orveda has been created by Sue Y. Nabi and Nicolas Vu.
Sue Y. Nabi was the CEO of both L’Oreal and Lancôme for 20 years and has created some of the most successful products in the world, including La Vie Est Belle Fragrance, Visionnaire and Genifique serums and more... She also championed diversity in beauty and beauty marketing by introducing the first brunettes (not only blondes) in shampoo advertisements; incorporating darker-skinned models in campaigns, as well as not only Hollywood celebrities but TV Stars too.
Nicolas Vu is a hip-hop producer and a champion in many sport disciplines, including boxing and Judo. He is Orveda’s Chief Entertainment Officer.
Have the results been clinically proven?
Yes, we have invested in more than 20 clinical trials, on more than 300 people, from all around the world, and the proof/results are displayed on all our packaging and here.
Why don't you sell night creams?
We do not sell night creams because we feel that night creams are just a greasier version of day creams... We recommend using our highly concentrated overnight masques.
If you prefer, you can also use our day cream at night, since it is also suitable for night usage i.e. AM + PM.
What does genderless mean?
Genderless means that all our products can be used either by women (they are made for women) or men (they are strong enough for men’s skin). Our scent is neutral; the products are clean, green, vegan; our textures are raw, non-greasy and efficient so they will work on men’s thicker skins too. The tools add a great element of self-care (self-massage) and play.
Can I share my products with my husband/companion/son?
Yes, you can. This is also a way to “invest” smartly in Orveda .
What is Galbanum?
Galbanum is rare tree found in Iran that has a very unique scent that makes you feel like you are in a green forest... It has been used for centuries for its relaxing and soothing powers. Our unique scent was created by a Master Parisian perfumer, of Diptyque fame and acclaim.